Monday, November 26, 2012

A Thanksgiving Jaunt to Maine

Last week was a quiet one here on Meet Me in Philadelphia because Adam and I headed out on Tuesday to make our way to Connecticut to meet up with my parents and then on to Maine to all spend Thanksgiving together with my extended family there. During our trek up north, we stopped in Kittery, Maine to enjoy our usual before-Thanksgiving feast at Bob's Clam Hut.

On Thursday, we all ate a bit too much and I must have been so hungry that I didn't even snap one picture of  our meal that day!

We decided to forgo the nuttiness of Black Friday the next day and instead stimulate the local Maine economy with some antique shopping. While en route, we stopped in Belgrade Lakes, and I snapped a few photos that I felt captured Maine in all its rustic, hardy glory.
We made our way to the Fairfield Antiques Mall, where I've had lots of luck in previous trips. 
This year was no exception.
(all images via Meet Me in Philadelphia)
I found a large aged brass urn ($18) and a glass globe lamp ($19.50), as well as an art book for $2.00 and a  glass tray for $5.00. Not a bad haul, huh? All of the things I bought were at least 50% off, so I couldn't pass these deals up. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving break like I did. 
I missed you all and am looking forward to switching gears now to focus on Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good trip, Ashley. Your photos are so good! Reminds me that I need to put new camera back at the top of my list!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fabulous trip and I love the pictures. That aged brass urn is an amazing find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg I cant belive you went to Belgrade- I grew up there! My Grandparents had a lake house and it is by far my favorite place on earth! So many amazing memories there and I cant WAIT to have a house of my own one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay--NO WAY! What a small world!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1